$29 for 5 Modern Jive Classes + Social Dancing
Select a Deal
5 Modern Jive Classes + Social Dancing
$29Valued at $75Save 61% Off
About the Experience
- 5 modern jive classes + social dancing
- Doors open at 6:45pm and newcomer classes start at 7pm sharp every Wednesday and Thursday
- The minimum age is 18 years of age
- Classes can start on any date and must be used consecutively
- Do I Need to Book in Advance?
- No. There is no set course that you need to enrol on. Every week there will always be a number of people there for the first time - just turn up to any newcomers class and join in the fun!
- Do I Need to Bring a Partner?
- No. There is no need to take a partner with you because the teaching method means that everyone will be moved around to change partners during the classes, therefore it does not make any difference whether you come on your own or with friends. Either way you get to meet and dance with everyone else at least once.
- What Should I Wear?
- You do not need any particular clothing to attend an iDance modern jive evening. Anything goes, casual wear or smart dress, as long as you feel comfortable. It is really up to you!! As for shoes, wear something that will allow you to move freely on the dance floor - we recommend smooth soled shoes, but there will be plenty of people in all types of footwear.
- Do I Need to Become a Member?
- Yes. Everyone needs to be an iDance member. Membership is free.
- Jive Class Breakdown:
- The night starts at 7.00pm with a Newcomers Class lasting 45 minutes. You will learn four fun moves that are surprisingly simple.
- At the end of the class, there is 15 minutes of freestyle where the DJ plays a few tunes and you can practice and dance the moves you have just learnt.
- At 8.00pm you will split into two classes: First up there is the newcomer review class. This is a second newcomers class which is smaller than the standard newcomers class and is a review of the moves you have learnt earlier in the night. It includes lots of tips, tricks and laughter, and gives you a chance to really get to grips with what you have just learnt
- Secondly, there is the intermediate class. In this 45 minute session, you will learn 3 to 5 harder moves. They normally expect that it takes about 8 to 10 newcomer classes to master the basic moves and feel comfortable to join in at Intermediate level
- After the newcomer review and Intermediate classes, the night out really takes off when the iDance DJ takes control for the 'Freestyle Session' from 8:45pm. This is a 1.5 - 2 hour period of pure uninterrupted modern jive music creating a party atmosphere
- You can socialise or practice your modern jive moves and dance the night away. Dancing during the 'Freestlye' really gives you chance to improve your modern jive style and soak up the atmosphere.
- These classes are perfect for beginners who have never danced before and have been thinking about giving social dancing a go.
- They use great dancing music from today's pop charts to salsa, jive, blues, swing and tango.
- Head down with a mate, a partner, a group of friends, or go along to meet some new people.
- No need to book, just come along at 10 minutes before the start of the evening.
- Groups are large, with up to 100 people per class - if you're nervous, don't be, you'll blend right in with the fun crowd.
iDance brings the joy of modern jive to Wellington. With qualified instructors and fabulous music, learning has never been such a blast. Walking in and dancing out is the iDance way! Meet new people and pick up new skills with every visit - nab a voucher today!Visit Website
AddressLevel 1, 32 Kent Terrace Mount Victoria WLG 6011
Phone04 565 0965
The Fine Print
Deal Valid Until
Voucher valid for 5 modern jive classes + social dancing.
Doors open at 6:45pm and newcomer classes start at 7pm sharp every Wednesday and Thursday. Not valid on public holidays.
Conditions of the Deal
No bookings required, simply present your voucher upon arrival. Multiple vouchers can be purchased (limit: 1 for you 10 x as gifts). Subject to availability. Classes are held on Level 1, 32 Kent Terrace every Wednesday and Thursday at 7.00pm. The minimum age is 18 years of age. Classes can start on any date and must be used consecutively. Non-transferable. No refunds unless required by law. No cashback. Not to be used with any other offers.
How to Redeem
No bookings required, simply present your voucher upon arrival.
All changes and cancellations are subject to our standard Refund Policy.