Tekapo Star Gazing - The Night Sky Experience
$24.50 for a Child or $44.50 for an Adult 2 Hour Star Gazing Night Tour incl. Hot Springs from Tekapo Star Gazing - The Night Sky Experience (Value Up To $89)
- Fine Print
- A supreme star gazing experience is yours to enjoy with this stunning experience at Tekapo Springs!
- This is the Mackenzie’s newest offering combining the stunning Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve with the soul-warming hot pools of Tekapo Springs
- Choose from 3 options for the 2 Hour Star Gazing Night Tour with Tekapo Star Gazing - The Night Sky Experience at Tekapo Springs
- $24.50 for 1 x Child on the 10.30pm Tour
- $44.50 for 1 x Adult on the 10:30pm Tour
- $44.50 for 1 x Adult on the 11:30pm Adults Only Tour
- This magical tour is made up of 2 parts:
- First, a guided star gazing session focused on the mythology and legend attributed to celestial objects by different cultures around the world
- Second, in a 38-degree hot pool, you can let the real world melt away as you lie back with the help of a floating hammock to ensure ultimate relaxation and easy sky viewing
- Free shuttle available from the Tekapo Star Gazing office in Lake Tekapo township where you'll check in for your tour
- Ensure you book early to secure your desired date as limited places are available for each tour! All tours are 2 hours in duration, but please allow 2.5 hours in total including travel and check in
- Take a look at their stellar reviews on Tripadvisor
- The Tahr Bar & Café is fully licensed and will be open for drinks and snacks throughout the tour
- Check out their website for more info
- Snap up some vouchers today and get set to enjoy a spectacular star-lit journey, stat!
The Fine Print
Offer exires on 2 July, 2017
Bookings are essential and subject to availability, please 03 680 6579 or email email@example.com, quoting your voucher number at the time. Please note: Limited spots are available, so please ensure you book early to secure your desired date
Multiple vouchers can be purchase (limit: 2 for you and 2 as gifts)
Star Gazing Tours are operated from the Tekapo Springs facilities, however check in for these tours is at the Tekapo Star Gazing office in Lake Tekapo Township on the main street next to the Godley Hotel or at the bottom of the driveway at Tekapo Springs (6 Lakeside Drive)
Night sky visibility will determine whether either the outdoor or indoor guided tour is utilised, sometimes the stargazing tours are a mixture of both indoor and outdoors
Child 6-15 years
Valid 7 days for 10.30pm and 11.30pm. 11.30pm tour is adults only
Please note, tours must be booked and completed by the expiry date - no extensions will be given
Must be used in 1 visit by 1 person. No exchanges. No refunds or cash back (except where required by law). Not for use with other offers
If you really need convincing...
Starlight star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may I wish I might
See more than one of you sometime soon...
You don't have to wish on a star to make this dream come true! Treat yourself to the ultimate in stellar relaxation with Tekapo Star Gazing's 2 hour experience.
The first half of the tour begins with an introduction to the night sky by a star gazing guide, and is complemented by looking through three high-powered telescopes pointed at some of the most interesting features of the southern skies. This guided portion of the tour focuses on the mythology and legend attributed to celestial objects by different cultures around the world. If the skies do not co-operate for outdoor stargazing, an exciting indoor experience is run instead, featuring the use of a high-definition projector and stunning full-colour satellite images of deep space as well as interactive elements and similar fascinating and informative content as in the outdoor tour.
The second half of the tour is where it really gets magical –in a 38-degree hot pool, let the real world melt away as you lie back with the help of a floating hammock to ensure ultimate relaxation and easy sky viewing. While soothing music plays, feel like you are floating among the stars as you explore the night at your own pace. The guides will be poolside during this unique star viewing experience, so if any questions come to mind or if you would like to know more about the cosmos, simply ask!
The 10:30pm tours are suitable for everyone age 6 and above, with an adults only tour at 11:30pm, and include complimentary transport to and from the village centre if required, with a pool wheelchair available on request.
Tours will entail either an outdoor guided tour with the use of their Professional Celestron 9.25 Aperture and Sky Watcher Esprit 120 telescopes, OR an exciting indoor guided tour utilising our high definition projector with fantastic colour astro images and video. The indoor component will feature the same guided content as the outdoor tour including photos of the night sky in Tekapo.
Their talented Star Gazing Guides will point out the seasonal major night sky features and tell you about their significance for navigational and cultural purposes for European, Maori, Polynesian, Aboriginal and Greek cultures along with some entertaining and relatable stories. After theformal guided tour, star gazers will be invited to get changed and enter the relaxing hot pools which will be dimly lit until everyone is in the pools.
Once star gazers are all settled in the hot pools, lights will be turned down to a soft glowing red, and beautiful relaxing music will start to play. Bathers will be offered floating hammocks so they can comfortably lie back and relax and continue to enjoy the Southern Night Sky. A Star Gazing Guide will be present while you are in the pools to answer any questions you may have.
The team at Tekapo Star Gazing will be delighted to guide you through this inspiring experience. Hit Buy Now, give them a call and secure your spot today!